What is Recovery Coaching?
Recovery coaching is a comprehensive form of support for individuals in recovery from addictions, alcohol, gambling, sex, or co-dependency. Recovery coaches support their clients by helping them make healthy decisions, develop healthy lifestyles and find ways to stop addiction, reduce harm, and empower their client. Recovery coaches also work closely with members of the client’s treatment team (if applicable).
Avi Satz’s Recovery Coaching
I’ve been in recovery since April 2003 and have worked in the addiction recovery field for 11 years. I am knowledgeable with 12 Step recovery, abstinence-based models, harm reduction strategies, and implementing individualized recovery plans.
Whether you’re newly in recovery, or have some significant time abstinent from the alcohol and/or drugs, sustaining a meaningful life in recovery can be difficult. I understand exactly what you are going through. Avoiding relapse is one thing, but having a quality life in recovery is something totally different.
With the appropriate support and a willing attitude, relapse doesn’t have to be an option or expected. Avoid relapse and end the vicious cycle of addiction by building a healthy and attractive life in recovery. As a recovery coach, I help my clients achieve extraordinary results in their life and business while maintaining their recovery.
Recovering from alcoholism or addiction is not an easy, but it is possible. There’s no question that the more support an individual has, the better chances he/she has towards achieving longevity sobriety. As a recovery coach, I believe that alcohol and/or substance abuse is a symptom of a greater problem. The real problem is what’s going on beneath the surface that’s causing drinking/using to be an attractive or necessary option in one’s life. My goal is to help you feel good about who you are and where you’re headed in recovery.
I do not promote or endorse any single or particular way of achieving or maintaining recovery. Contact me today if you’re interested in working with me as your recovery coach.
Routine Coaching Sessions
- Scheduled 45-60 minute coaching sessions (bi-weekly, or discussed in advance)
- Open email availability for accountability and support
- On-call crisis support
Weekly Planning and Scheduling
- Scheduling the week out in advance with a balanced agenda
- Planning goals, commitments and action plans
- Support when planning free time and social engagements
- Finding purpose
- Relapse prevention plans
- Support with finding meetings and a sponsor
- Drug and alcohol education
- Support with having healthy relationships
- Exploring passions
- Having a safe and exciting social life in recovery
Physical Activity and Exercise
- Creating an exercise routine
- Body work/self-care plans (yoga, acupuncture, Pilates, MMA)
- Dieting/nutritional plans
- Hiking sessions
- Resume/cover letter writing support
- Assistance with finding a job/internship
- Improving study skills
- Money management (budgeting, understanding payment methods)
Contact Avi Satz- Recovery Coach
Have questions or want to learn more? Contact me directly for a quick response.